Friday, June 6, 2008

No Mas, NO MAS!

Some days I want to cry UNCLE. But what happens then? Life just bowls me over? And then what?

My three boys have different issues going on; Alexx and Joel (17 and 10) have ADD/Inattentive type and ADHD diagnoses, respectively. And of course, there is Seth (5) with his autism. What in the world is wrong with our genes?

Seth's pediatric neurologist tells us that they often see these neurological issues run in families. Okay. That's interesting, but doesn't really help me at this point.

My middle son has now been diagnosed with a mood disorder, which is leaving me to wonder how much a family can take. Really. How much? No. Nevermind. I don't really want to know the answer to that, because we all know it can get much worse than this.

I have said this before, but I am asking myself once again: What is it that God sees in me that makes Him believe I can handle this? I wish I could see it myself.

Well, until I can pinpoint exactly what it is, I'll just continue to do what works for me: faith, trust, lots of prayer and humor.

That's right. It may offend some people, but - well - it's our family, and we can find a joke in almost anything.

So if you overhear us making cracks about some of the situations that we deal with and it seems inappropriate, just remember that we are coping, and that's how we roll.

1 comment:

  1. Gee Holly, I am the same way. Humor or insanity, those are my choices. I choose (mostly) humor. Like when I have a blinkie that shows the handicap symbol and says "We're just in it for the parking." Or when Thomas falls and bumps his head in front of friends and I say "don't worry, he's already got brain damage!" Somehow others don't find that as funny as I do.

    Humor or insanity folks, your choice.

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete