Last evening we all engaged in a family project - a new floor for our screened-in porch. Originally we had planned to tile the floor, but decided to use pavers instead since they were on sale and the project would be much less time-intensive.
It was a whole family effort, and even Seth helped move the edge pieces. No one was injured (amazing), and nothing broke except for two pieces that actually broke in the van during transport. These things weight 42 lbs. a piece! Not an easy task, but Alexx and Joel rose to the occasion with little complaining, moving them first from the van to the back yard, and then to their final destination (along with Sean). Now that's progress!
I think it turned out great, there's only one problem. There are a couple of pavers that are right in the middle of the floor that I have discovered this morning that are off balance and rock slightly when you walk on them. Oh, no. Those of you who know me know that this will drive me mad. I thought I had fixed any that did that while we were putting them in, but I apparently missed a couple.
This will not do.
I haven't figured it out yet, but rest assured, I will. Oh yes, I will.
Here's the floor.