Sunday, June 22, 2008

My (Much) Better Half

I am one of those blessed people who really, really is married to my best friend. We have a long history together, and the love just keeps getting deeper. We have known each other since 7th grade and have been married for 16 years.

We truly believe this was a match made in heaven - and always have. It's the only thing that explains why we are even still together. It is amazing to both of us that, having gotten together at such a young age (16), that we have even grown in the same direction over the years. We know it is rare, and I honestly wouldn't guide another young couple to take the same route.

Just when I start to think I couldn't possibly be any more in love with this dude, we turn down another winding road leading to more challenges, more twists and turns, more years of memories to make, and new areas of ourselves (and one another) to discover.

Without going into a lot of boring details here, I've been dealing with a situation recently that is puzzling, upsetting, disheartening, and more than a little frightening. A week ago today, I hit a wall. Not only did he drop everything to get me over that wall in ways that only he knows how, but as I was lying on our bed in tears, he prayed over me with all of the faith that I am so thankful that he now has.

Five years ago that never would have occurred to him.

Like I said, just when I think I can't love him more, I fall even deeper.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thankful for many, many years that my two sisters married such fine men.

    Sean has been like a brother to me as long as I have known him, and now that he is a brother in Christ that bond is even tighter.

    ReplyDelete