Thursday, June 19, 2008

Limb Down - Take Three

In March, we lost about 1/3 of the ash tree in our front yard to heavy ice. That was sad - we love that tree and sit under it on the bench a lot when it's nice out watching the kids play in the big common area in front of the house.





Then in May when we were in Ft. Lauderdale, an even bigger part of it fell during some high winds. After that, it looked like a gigantic sling shot. We knew we probably needed to get an estimate to have it taken down.

Then laziness set in.

Last Sunday evening when it stormed really hard - craaaaack, womp.

The remaining little bit of tree has nowhere to fall but on the house. Ya think it's time? Yeah. It's going to cost a bazillion dollars to have it taken down, have the stump ground, and any sizable tree at all put it its place. I'm so sad.

I like my big shade tree in the front yard. But I like my money, too.

So we got the estimate today for taking it down and grinding the stump. Just as a I thought - $1.2 bazillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment