Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Beauty of Giving

I love seeing acts of kindness and compassion in action. But what really moves me is when I see it coming from the youngest of us.

Yesterday when I was getting my hair cut, beside me there were two little girls with the most gorgeous long hair, one dark and one blonde. They looked to be around five and seven years old, and their hair flowed far down their backs - you could tell they had been growing it for quite awhile.

As I nervously had four inches cut off of my own head, I watched as each of them sat in the chair, let the stylist put their hair in pigtails and cut them clean off. They were donating their hair to Locks of Love.

Suddenly I felt selfish and almost wished that I'd had the stylist cut off all of my hair, as well.

Kids are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment