Monday, September 29, 2008

What a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L Fall Morning!

I'm looking out my window this morning and the sun is casting a spectacular golden glow on everything I can see. The trees that line the back of our property are turning bright yellow, and the leaves are falling. The crop field behind us is ready to be harvested, and there is a tingly chill in the air.

It's an awesome, crisp start to an otherwise mundane Monday. But it sure didn't start out that way. I was madder than a hornet this morning upon coming downstairs at 6am.

No details, just know that God jerked a knot in my tail during my quiet time. I read two different books during my morning quiet time - one is a book about women of the Bible and the other is my devotional Bible for Moms. And wouldn't you know both of them called me out on my attitude this morning.

The first one focused on Proverbs 27:15, which compares a nagging, quarrelsome wife to a constant drip on a rainy day. Ouch.

In Women of the Bible, the author was writing about God being the only one who can see into the depths of anyone's heart and stated, "No matter how much we've been sinned against, we still have the power to choose the attitude of our heart." Okay - I hear you.

So Sean was spared of my wrath this morning by God himself. There are days that I am literally that transformed simply by my morning appointment with God.

What would I be like without it? ~shudder~

No comments:

Post a Comment