Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well. Well. WELL.

She actually writes.

Writing has been something of a struggle lately. Okay. It's been brutally absent from my existence. I cannot explain why. It's just. not. coming. to. me. And that's just how it works with me. I don't sit down and decide to write something - something comes to me and I write it.

I've been frighteningly blank for months.

I'm praying the new year brings new thoughts. Thoughts that I want to be heard.

In Other News

I am having surgery in 24 days that will put me out of commission for awhile - a few weeks for recovery at least? We'll see. Unlike when I had foot surgery two years ago, this time my chest/lifting/both-arms mobility will be affected and limited for some time. Looking very much forward to the legal Vicodin high.

Is that wrong?

What I'm not so much looking forward to is relying on someone else to wash my hair . . . having lots and lots of incisions/stitches to deal with . . . not being able to drive for a few weeks . . . pain.

It's all good, though. I'll surely be as good as new by the time it starts to warm up and be spring. That's how I'm choosing to frame the situation.

Hmmm. What Else?

This is my sister and me. When we arrived at their house for four days of family Christmas chaos, we were hamming and taking pictures of ourselves together within minutes. There were at least 10 other people there that could have taken pictures of us together; but what fun would that be? There's nothing in this world like having a sister.




People say we look alike all the time. What?! Neither of us can see it. We sound exactly alike and have been known to fool our own husbands. Our poor Mom was never sure which of us it was on the phone before caller ID. We have many of the same mannerisms, and are shaped very much alike (she's slightly taller). But that's where it ends. She has thick, dark hair with curls/wave (straightened in this photo), darker eyes, creamy skin. I am blue-eyed with relatively straight, stringy hair and freckled skin that refuses to tan.

These are all of our kids (and our nephew, Daniel):

Joel, Gus, Marco, Alexx, Zack, Seth, Daniel, Ana Lucia, Katie

How the flip did all that happen? Wasn't I just 17 years old?

3 comments:

  1. I love the pic of you and Aimee...two of the most beautiful women I know, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two pictures capture so much of what I love about our family--we just love to be together! Living over 600 miles away, we don't have as much opportunity as the rest of you do to spend time with each other, and that only makes the time we do share that much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete