Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Power Beyond Prayer

I'm sure some of you have heard the song "I Refuse" by Josh Wilson. I have just loved it since the first time I heard it on KLove here in Indy, but I actually didn't know who it was (cue infomercial on the tragedies of adult ADD).

Let's rewind a bit.

My sister so amazingly drove over from Cincinnati one day in September and took me to the first night of Steven Curtis Chapman's Songs and Stories tour. I had no idea what I was in for.

Wait.

I know that I love SCC and his music and his family and his . . . everything. But I didn't know he'd put together this tour with Josh Wilson and Andrew Peterson or what they were attempting to do. (I'd never actually heard of Josh Wilson or Andrew Peterson.) They are essentially re-creating when they (and other musicians) get together in little ol' Nashville and play songs and tell stories on their own time.

That evening was the bombdiggity. It felt like we were sitting around their little circle with them - laughing, crying, joking, telling on each other. They made the auditorium feel like a porch on a warm summer night, a starry evening around a bonfire, a group of friends hanging out in the family room.

So when Josh Wilson performed his song, "I Refuse," I was so excited to realize it was him! There are several videos of his that I would like to share, but I shall pace myself. I love the song, but I love more the power of its message and what drove him to write it, which he explains here.



I highly encourage you to catch one of the dates on this tour - it's an amazingly fun, insightful, personal evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment